Monday, April 11, 2011

Ho'oponopono

Dr. Len is a modest, beautiful light Being. Ho'oponopono is an ancient Hawaiian healing practice that Dr. Len has reintroduced through his work as described in the book Zero Limits. Essentially, the premise is that one assumes 100% responsibility for the world they experience. Our sole/soul purpose on this Earth, according to Len, is to clean up our subconscious - to free ourselves from our memories that keep us in a seeming eternal cycle of pain and suffering. How? If I acknowledge that I am 100% responsible for how I experience the world, then if I am triggered by someone or an event, I look inside myself to understand what in me is causing me to experience this thing. If I recognize that my experience is the result of data points or memories locked in my subconscious, then it follows that by erasing the data points I become free from my memories that have this situation or person fixed in my experience. As the data points are erased and my memory is free of this pattern, what I am experiencing must therefore change.

At the end of the day, there is only love. Sounds perhaps unrealistic. But, Dr. Len used a practice of Ho'oponopono or forgiveness when involved with a psychiatric clinic for the criminally insane and the result was near 100% transformation of the patients. My philosophy - you don't have to understand it (it's quantum healing physics) and if the answer to the question "what if it were possible?" yields only positive possibilities, what's the harm in developing a forgiveness practice that could change the world - literally?

So, the steps are simple - when something or someone triggers me and knocks me off my peace meter (neutrality), I engage it by turning within.  "I love you" - memories or data points of this experience that would have me believe there is something wrong - I love you. "I'm sorry" - I'm sorry for using my memories to hold you in this place of suffering. "Please forgive me" - forgive me for believing in separation and creating this seemingly real place of pain and suffering. "Thank you" And with that to allow the memories to be erased and the mind to be cleaned and healed. The event should no longer hold the charge and by virtue of that shift transmutes to pure love.

1 comment:

  1. To view Dr. Len being interviewed, go to

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL972JihAmg&feature=related
    Dr. Hew Len on Ho’oponopono. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xCmvZZFQI0&NR=1&feature=fvwp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVUqtZb78N4&feature=related

    ReplyDelete